Run the Cumberlands is a partnership among established races held in the Upper Cumberland region of Tennessee which raise funds for charitable causes. The goal of Run the Cumberlands is to encourage residents to improve health by being active and attending running events in our area. Run the Cumberlands begins in July and ends the following June.
To receive a Run the Cumberlands medal, participants must complete any four of the below races within the annual time period.
- Fiddler 5k - July Smithville
- Run-4-Don 5k &15k - September Gainesboro
- Haunted Half Marathon - October Cookeville
- Golden Helix 5k - October Tennessee Tech Campus
- Turkey Trot 5k - November Cookeville
- Cummins Falls Marathon, Half Marathon,10k,5k - February Jackson County, Cummins Falls State Park
- Viola Valley Half Marathon - May. Viola TN
- Cumberland Mountain Triathlon - July Crossville, Cumberland Mountain State Park
- Mountain Laurel 5K - May Wartburg, Frozen Head State Park
- Summer Splash 5k - June Cookeville
A special variation of the Run the Cumberlands Medal will be given to any participate who completes at least four races, including at least one Half or Full Marathon (non-relay).
Awards will be presented in person at the completion of the Summer Splash 5k. Qualifying participants unable to attend that race will be mailed their medal (if contact info is available), or may pick up their medal at 127 N. Oak St in Cookeville.